Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chemo-date

Its been 11 weeks in the hospital and I've met a lot of people, and I've had a lot of roommates. Sometimes were only separated by a curtain, so I can't help but overhear the caring conversations between husbands and wives.

I'm just saying if you're going to get sick its good to be married.

So if you haven't met me and only know me from my blog you might think I'm a single dad. But I'm not. My wife just prefers to be left out of the blogespeare.  A couple of weeks ago I had to endure chemotherapy. I thought the worst part was going to be that I had to be quarantined. Visits from my friends have really been wonderful. However being quarantined was the best part. I never knew it would take chemotherapy to actually spend some quality time with my wife.

Who knew?

P.S. the chemo didn't make me sick, but I decided to get a crew cut in advance of possibly loosing my hair.

P.P.S. we don't know yet if the chemo actually worked.

3 comments:

  1. Keep battling on Mike - lots of support in spirit from Oz. I knew from posts on your blog that you not only had sensational kids but a gorgeous and loving wife - albeit a silent and invisible one!
    Stay positive and enjoy all the attention.
    I'll be watching your updates.
    Good wishes
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing -- Lori B

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Mike , it's Alan your roommate from 7/3. Quite true about having a loving wife. Keep hanging
    in there and thanks again for letting my better half stay with me round the clock. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive